Tuesday 6 December 2011

Mailday: 2011 Topps Marquee Ubaldo Jimenez #MCA-UJ

I was pretty excited to see this come in the mail. After bidding and losing on a couple of these, I just threw a bid up not expecting to even come close and "won" this auction. Scans do not do these Museum Collection cards justice, they are gorgeous in real life. I usually stay away from high end products but this one is worth the cash in my eyes. I still refuse to pay over $100 for a box of 6 or 7 seven high end cards, but if I can find reasonable singles on ebay or comc then i will consider it. I was looking forward to see the Carlos Gonzalez one, but it's a redemption (another reason to stay away from high end stuff) so I jumped on the Ubaldo. It's to bad he's no longer with the team, but getting an auto of the best pitcher in Rockies history is pretty cool, and the nice return we got from the Indians makes it a little better to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment