Thursday 12 January 2012

Trade Time

My first trade since starting this blog has been completed, thanks to hiflew from Cards from the Quarry for the trade. Basically a Rockies for Rockies trade as we are both working on "one of every Rockies" collections. The whole package was great, here are a few highlights after the jump.


 
2009 O-Pee-Chee Black, I love the black border on these with the purple and the powder blue, sharp looking cards. The Corpas looks like a 1970's card with the far away action photo, one of my favorite cards from 2009.



2011 Gypsy Queen Mini's, my favorite set of 2011, I really need to get more of these and buy a box of 2012 when it comes out.

 
 Some nice additions to my Catcher action shot card collection, I never did get any of the 2010 Upper Deck bootleg set until now, and how can you not love Jayhawk Owens.

 
Boring commons to some people, but not to me, these fill some holes in my one of every Rockie collection, and the Buchholz goes into the 2007 Playoff roster set. I still can't believe how godawful ugly those 2006 topps cards are.


and a few of my favorite players from my youth, the photo on the Leskanic is great, I loved Holmes curveball even though he was mediocre as a closer, and Roger Bailey looked great until he hurt his back in a car accident.

Much thanks again to hiflew for the trade and if anyone actually reads this I am open to future trades with anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment