Friday 21 September 2012

2013 Gypsy Queen First Look

Topps has now unveiled the design for next year Gypsy Queen set. I again love the base cards, the sharp corners at the top of the design give the brand a more modern look than the first two years, but the design on the bottom with the Norse/Celtic style knotwork still give a bit of a retro look. The painted photoshop filter is back on the photos as expected. My biggest problem with Gypsy Queen is the inserts tend to be ugly and the playing card look of the "Dealing Aces" inserts look a little over the top. I for one am excited that GQ is returns and look forward to the product release in the spring.

More info at the Beckett article.

1 comment:

  1. I'm considering buying a box of that. Looks pretty nice.

    2011 Gypsy Queen was awesome. That was the "new" product as I was getting back into collecting that Spring. I bought one pack of it at Target then never saw it there again.

    ReplyDelete