Saturday 14 February 2015

2015 Topps - Just 5 Packs

I usually head to the LCS for supplies and end up with a few random packs, but this time packs were Topps (get it) on the list. People are probably bored of base cards so I will lead off with the hit, an Ian Kinsler Career High Relic, listed at 1:49 packs, I was pretty luck to pull this out of one of five.

Another lucky pull, listed at 1:18 packs, an original buyback 1970 Ed Herrmann. I had to look up Herrmann who played in 922 MLB games from 1967-1978 and was an All-Star in 1974. Not in great shape, but better than some of the buybacks I have seen, and way more interesting than most for the boring inserts (see ar-che-types, which are so boring I didn't bother to scan them).

My first Reggie Jackson card with Baltimore, this one is going straight into the keeper binder.
On to the base cards with the two Rockies I pulled, kind of disappointing that Topps used the same photo for the Dickerson that they used for his 2014 Update card, but that is nothing new for Topps.

and a couple catchers, the McCann is a nice card and one that was already on my wantlist. I am really digging the design this year, the team colors are a very nice change and while the border has a lot of weird things going on in the background, it doesn't take away from the photo.

and the card backs are the best that Topps has done in a long time, team colors with a logo, series 1 designation, everything they did here design-wise, really works. Of course I would pull a Drew Pomeranz to add to my large collection his cards I picked up while he was
my favorite Rockies prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment