Tuesday 13 October 2015

Acetate Appreciation: 2011-12 UD Black Diamond Bruins Championship Rings

Just in time for the start of the NHL season, a card from a set that I have wanted since they came out. I think these Stanley Cup Championship Rings were one per case in 2011-12 Upper Deck Black Diamond and were always out of my price range when I did see them. Then a random search on the Bay turn this up, from a Canadian seller for about $10 shipped. It more than I wanted to spend on a Shawn Thornton card, but impulse got the better of me and I hit buy it now.

 A great looking card, the ring is raised above the rest of card making a "3D" look and the diamond part is shiny/foil as it should be on diamonds I guess. This is a pretty large 24 card set, so along with Lucic, Bergeron, Thomas and the rest you get Shane Hnidy, Steve Kamper and Jordan Caron. Nice addition to the Bruins Stanley Cup mini-collection I have going on, and if I get a chance at adding a couple more of these, I definitely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment