Monday 4 January 2016

Black Friday Rockies

Plowing through my backlog here with some cards I needed to scan, so why to post them. First off Ryan McMahon, a Rockies third base prospect from the absolutely beautiful Bowman Inception Origins autographs. Nice thick card, silver ink auto, this ranks up there with any of the Bowman Black Collection cards I have. The best part might be the sweet spring training Mountain Logo hat.
Just look at these! These cards alone earned Panini Prizm a place on my favorite products of 2015. Totally crazy and they actual scanned well, absolutely love these.

More Gypsy Queen black minis, just need the Arenado to complete the team set.

Larry Walker playing with a dog, captioned with "Frolics During Spring Training", might be the only use of the word "Frolics" on a baseball card. I miss 90's Upper Deck.

The gold parallel of one of my favorite Rockies cards of all-time, just love this photo.

Some late 90's parallels of Dante Bichette from Select. If only that mustache on the right would have been on a tie-dyed parallel above.

Tommy Kahnle became one of my favorite Rockies and I was going to try for this rainbow, but now he is with the White Sox, so I doubt I will bother.

My first Tulowitzki bat card, I think I bought this shortly after the trade, still hard to imagine he won't be at short for the Rockies anymore.

Speaking of that, probably soon to be former Rockies outfielder, Carlos Gonzalez. I know this is a manu-relic but it's at least a cool patch and it was cheap.

 
and lastly a couple Bowman parallels, Ryan Castellani is still an interesting prospect, but Derek Jones looks like me might be headed toward the "Rockies that never were" section of the collection.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Those Paninis did scan pretty well. Now excuse me while I go put on some Iron Butterfly.

    https://youtu.be/UIVe-rZBcm4

    ReplyDelete